Have you ever asked a kid what they want to become when they grow up? Most kids reply with the answers like: doctor, lawyer, engineer or astronaut, but we are pretty sure you have never heard a kid say “I want to be an Entrepreneur”. This is mainly because kids do not know the word entrepreneur itself, and they get to know about entrepreneurship only when they grow up and start their university life.
You’ve heard the saying, “It’s never too late.” We say, “It’s never too early!” Even children can be introduced to basic business principles and the rewards of entrepreneurship. Our goal with Kidpreneurship is to introduce kids to the concept of entrepreneurship, leadership and good citizenship. Through easy-to-understand basic principles and a creative approach, activities and games we will outline some basic tools and strategies kids can use to gain some valuable experience in starting, managing, and growing a successful business venture in a fun, friendly and effective way!
We use kid-friendly designs and illustrations to break down some of the major points of entrepreneurship, so that your child can have fun as he or she learns. Also, your child will enhance his or her decision-making skills by trying out simple businesses as he or she grows up.
Whether or not your child grows up to be an entrepreneur, these activities can help them think about what they want to do when they get older, realise their passion and skills which is really a really important thing for any individual to lead a life with contentment and satisfaction.
Kidpreneurship exists to spark an entrepreneurial and leadership spirit in the next generation, equipping and empowering them with the confidence, resilience, creativity and critical thinking to thrive in their future careers.
Our programs will help school students, working in teams; build their own micro-business, which can be used for social good. Kids learn the key steps of business from ideation to commercialization and then donate their profits to charity and school. Kids will be introduced to social entrepreneurship and problem solving skills which will further help them in self-development.
Our interactive, experiential learning allows kids to stretch their creativity, get comfortable with risk and failure, and build positive thinking, resilience and confidence.
Kidpreneurship is a customised Program developed for all students between the age of 11-16years. For now we teach our kids to be doctors, teachers, engineers and the likes but what about introducing them to entrepreneurship and empowering them to be future creators, innovators and motivating them to be leaders.
Under Kidpreneurship we have 4 schemes:
- Main School Sessions – where schools will integrate our program into their usual school time table (highly recommended)
- Saturday School – the program will run on Saturdays
- Vacation Workshops – program run during vacations (4 day workshop, 3 and half hours everyday)
- After School class – program run as an after school program
This program will help schools in the following ways:
- Increased achievement and accelerated rates of progress due to our engaging content by reinforcing academics as part of entrepreneurial development.
- Improved behaviour as a result of engaging group activities within the school community.
- Increased attainment year-on-year seen in improved exam and test results. (We support the objectives of the national curriculum through our program.)
- Improved attendance rates. We aim to make school more ‘interesting and relevant’ to students and parents by reinforcing ‘real world’ applications of core academics through entrepreneurship.
This program will help kids in the following ways:
- The program will help kids to improve their critical and creative thinking.
- Our program will motivate kids to develop their personal and social skills.
- Kids will develop a positive attitude and how to face failures.
- Kids will be introduced to ethical understanding, problem solving and self-management.
- Kidpreneurship will motivate kids to become future entrepreneurs and how they need to work for it and never give up.
- Few other benefits of this program is that, kids will be introduced to topics like: Concept of work and money, design thinking, business ideation, marketing, selling, communication, leadership, customer recognition and engagement, basic finance, legal matters in business terms and social responsibility.
There is more
Program Assessment: Our program is designed to be very light, fun and full of activities. Kids will not be required to produce on paper what have been taught in an exam as most will do but will be accessed based on how active they participate in class activities, how well they grasp the concept through our fun activities and various project works. At the end of each program kids will be given a certificate of completion.
VindhyaShree – Masters degree holder in Technopreneurship and Innovation from NTU, Singapore and Stanford Univeristy, USA. She is a highly motivated individual with quality entrepreneurial experience.
Mana Mohan R – Masters degree holder in Supply chain Management from EM Normandie, France. Holds MBA in marketing and B.E in Computer Science Engineering. He is a self motivated person with a high passion for entrepreneurship.
Cost: Our cost is highly subsidized to allow all schools to take part in such an initiative to help kids dream big!